Thursday, May 14, 2015

I just finished the second video of the Fall of Magic actual play series that I am editing. Fall of Magic is a game written by my friend Ross Cowman that's on Kickstarter right now. And it's doing really well! The whole game is screen printed on a 5 foot scroll, so it's a piece of art in addition to being a game. I'll also be writing one of the lost islands for the game if it gets to that stretch goal.

The video is similar in style to the Life on Mars actual play video I made for Ross. My goal with these videos is too keep them watchable and entertaining while still giving an honest portrayal of the actual experience of sitting at the table. I try to edit out any lulls in the conversation or narration, or any parts where the camera is a bit too shaky, without removing any of the content of what people were saying. Unlike the Life on Mars video which I filmed and edited, the Fall of Magic videos were actually shot by Ross and I think he did an awesome job.

I also filmed another game of Fall of Magic which Ross is editing, and the way we are trading off on roles makes it feel like this cool collaborative project. I'm excited to see those videos too when they come out. I've been thinking about starting a Patreon for making actual play videos like this for other people's games, in addition to more promotional stuff like the video I made for Second Skins or the one I made for The Quiet Year, so if you would be interested in having me make a video like that for you, let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment